December 16, 2015

40 days left, please join Team Christina

Team Christina

Please DONATE to my fundraiser supporting last chance breast cancer treatment in Frankfurt, Germany by going to  https://www.youcaring.com/Team.Christina

Personal video of the day: 12/16/2015
https://youtu.be/H8xH0Jmbub4

I kind of felt like a low level Corvallis celebrity today! I went to drop off Team Christina fundraising flyers at Hair Body & Sole (541.757.1116) to the incredible salon owner Lisa Mattson. When I walked through the door the darling smiling receptionist said oh hi Christina I was just watching you on FB - noting my video of the day I presume; that was cool! I then was off to get my bloodwork done. The woman taking my blood started talking to me about my fundraising efforts and then told me that she knew about my story from FB. Kind of awesome to know that so many people I don't even know are rooting for me and spreading the word about my fundraising efforts in order to get treatment in Germany.

There are many things to share today, so get ready for information update overload of the most awesome kind!

1.)  I would like to highlight Ashley Rowe a stylist at Fourteenth Avenue Salon & Day Spa. She has been styling my hair since I returned to Oregon. She cuts one of the freshest bob wedge cuts I have ever had. I recently reached out asking if the salon would be willing to post my Team Christina fundraising flyers - without a second thought, Ashley said that she would share them with clients. But then she went one step further, she offered to donate all her tips between last Monday and Christmas to my treatment fund! A huge thank you to the generosity of Ashley - love you girl.

My niece Paige, sign model~
2.) My husbands cousin Courtney Montano has put together a fabulous fundraising event for those living in the Springfield/Eugene area. The event is at Papa's Pizza (Springfield) and will be held January 6, 2016. There will be a raffle with wonderful local gifts - you do not need to be present to win. When you place an order at Papa's Pizza, Springfield on January 6th, present a paper or digital copy of the Team Christina Papa's Pizza brochure at the time of purchase letting them know you are with Team Christina and 50% of your purchase will be donated to the Team Christina treatment fund.  If you live in the Springfield or Eugene area, please pick-up your dinner or lunch from the Springfield Papa's Pizza to support Team Christina. Please encourage your employer to purchase pizza for lunch or on your way home pick-up pizza for dinner. This is a quick and easy way to support Team Christina. Don't forget about the raffle - checkout the FB page for all the details: https://www.facebook.com/events/667032403399183/
3.) I spoke with the Infusio Clinic today and have made my reservation at the clinic in Frankfurt, Germany for treatment February 22 - March 18. Now I am looking to book my flights - that is proving to be kind of an expensive and difficult coordination situation. I thought I had a great travel plan only to realize on the return flight I would have an 8 hour layover in Vegas after flying from Frankfurt to Vegas. Some might consider this layover a gift, I mean being in Vegas and all - but my body is going to be beyond the point of exhaustion and I just want to get back home to my family. It is strange and a bit lonely to think I will be away from them for an entire month. I'm still on the search for the best travel plan that addresses my marked travel anxiety and debilitated health condition.

Thank you to everyone that has joined Team Christina and is helping me get to Frankfurt, Germany for treatment. This really is my last chance at life. What I do know is that as the days progress, my body is deteriorating and is requiring more sleep. I like to think of it as my body is needing extra time to heal. Although, I just received my bloodwork back tonight - it is not good news, that's all I can say through the tears. What is not deteriorating is my determination and will to continue living this journey. One way or another, I am going to make it to at least see my last child graduate from Corvallis High School June 2017! Please open your heart and choose to support Team Christina.


Easiest way to Donate Online:

Preferred way to Donate by Mail: 
Christina Garrett
PO Box 192
Philomath, Oregon 97370

Selco Credit Union Direct Deposit:
Team Christina


Today, I am hopeful~